Registration for VAT is mandatory for a company with an annual turnover of above AED 375,000. Annual turnover includes the anticipated turnover of the next 30 days. The company can voluntarily register for VAT, where turnover exceeds AED 187,500 per annum.
Following documents are required to apply for VAT Registration:
- Documents for authorized signatory, e.g., passport copy, Emirates ID
- Trade license
- Turnover for the last 12 months
Supporting document for sales of the last 12-month
- From each GCC countries, the estimated import value of one year
- To each GCC countries, the estimated value of exports for one year
Other documents authorizing the entity/individual to undertake activities in UAE, e.g., certificate of incorporation, articles of association, power of attorney, etc.
- Description of business activities
- Expected turnover in the next subsequent 30 days
- Expectation to deal with GCC suppliers or customers
- Bank Account details
- Custom registration documents in each Emirate, if applicable.